We greatly appreciate every donation offered to us. All collections arranged through the week, Monday to Friday.
We operate a morning and afternoon slot system. We can offer collections either for the morning slot (10am-1pm) or the afternoon (1pm-5pm).
We are unable to provide more specific times, due to the various contributing factors of collecting from such a wide area as Greater Manchester.
Whist we always try and give a good indication as to what we are able to take, either on the phone or by email, collections are always at the drivers’ discretion on the day.
We gladly accept donations of all working white goods.
- Electric Cookers,
- Washing Machines (no more than 5 years old)
- Integrated Appliances
Small Electrical Items
We gladly accept donations of all small electrical items. Including;
- Vacuum Cleaners
- DVD Players
- Music Systems
- Plus we take the majority of other items not listed above.
Sofas, beds & upholstered items
We gladly accept donations of Sofas. All upholstered items need to have a fire label physically attached to the item. We ask that items are also in a good working order, generally clean, without damage. We usually only take upholstered items from pet-free homes.
- Sofas (leather or fabric)
- Riser Recliner Armchairs
- Sofa Beds
- Tub Chairs
- Easy Chairs
- Wing Backed Chairs
- Conservatory Furniture
At the moment we are unable to accept donations of single armchairs, that are not part of a sofa suite.
We accept the majority of general furniture items including;
- Wardrobes (no larger than 3 feet wide)
- Chest of Drawers
- Bedside Cabinets
- Sideboards (light wood only)
- Display Cabinets (no wider than 3 feet wide – light wood only)
- Dining Tables & Chairs
- Television Stands
- Coffee Tables
- Majority of furniture items not listed above
We are unable to take display cabinets that are wider than 3 feet. We also have a low demand for mahogany furniture in general, and therefore may be unable to take dark wood furniture at certain times.
Computer / I.T. Equipment
We operate a computer refurbishment program called Community Computers. We upgrade and recondition computers and make them available for people on a low income. We are happy to take;
- Desktop Computers (Working or not – Running Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10)
- Laptop Computers (Working or not – Running Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10)
- Server Units
- Working Laser Printers
- Working Ink Printers
- Complete Toner Cartridges (unused)
- Complete Ink Cartridges (unused)
- Working LCD / LED Monitors
- Working Photocopiers
- Networking Equipment (Switches etc)
We are unable to take faulty ink or toner printers. We are also unable to take CRT monitors.
You can find out more about our computer refurbishment project at www.communitycomputers.co.uk
We regularly accept donations of office furniture. However space is limited. We will usually take.
- Filing Cabinets
- Plus other types of office furniture